Join us! Our meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month throughout the year,
beginning at 12:30 p.m. at Claddagh’s Pub, 2918 O’Donnell Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Established in 1929, the Exchange Club of Highlandtown-Canton is a nonprofit community service organization affiliated with the National Exchange Club.
Members of The Club are business people from many industries, as well as non-profit and educational institutions across Southeast Baltimore. Some of our members are retired, but remain very active.
Each year, the Club:
- Gives a substantial scholarship to a deserving high school graduate in our community.
- Gives out to the needy in our community 200 food baskets at Thanksgiving and at Christmas.
- Sponsors a Toy Drive before Christmas. The toys are given out by the Southeast Police Department.
- Sponsors a recognition banquet to honor the Policeman and Firefigher of the Year.
- Honors a community member who faithfully flies the American flag each day of the year at our “So Proudly We Hail” celebration, which is attended by a person from the military who speaks on patriotism and national pride.
- Holds a recognition lunch where we give a plaque to an outstanding citizen who has made a great contribution to the well-being of the community
- Donates monies to the Baltimore Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Distributes school supplies to 300+ neighborhood children at Breath of God Lutheran Church each August
Each summer, in order to raise funds for these giving programs, the Club holds an annual golf tournament along with a $100 ticket raffle for a $10,000 prize. Each winter, a “Taste of the Community” Raffle is conducted with the participation of 20 restaurants & taverns in the Canton community.
We hope to continue serving the community for years to come.
Call 443-854-7331 to find out how to be a member.